Wednesday, February 3, 2016

One Hundred Years of Freemasonry in California

Owing to the generosity of my brother, Louie, I was now able to get my hands on something I have been desiring for many years!

P1050034

One Hundred Years of Freemasonry in California, published in 1950 by the Grand Lodge of California, F&AM in 4 Volumes.

This four-volume set represents, in my opinion, the definitive work on the birth and growth of Freemasonry in California. The collection was written to officially commemorate the centennial of the craft in the stateFifty_Years_of_Masonry_in_California_v2_2 and, in addition, as an update to Fifty Years of Masonry in California (published in two volumes in 1898 by George Spaulding & Co.).

 

I have wanted this 4-volume set since I first came across it, I believe, in old Normal Heights Lodge (now Unity Lodge #632) in 2006/2007. As I read through the volumes, I will post commentary on each and invite discussion. I am REALLY looking forward to digging in to these works.

Finally, and most importantly, I would like to thank my big brother Louie for making this wish of mine come true.

 

Good evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment