Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SERIES INTRODUCTION

Over the next couple of weeks or so, I will present a series of brief articles on various aspects of the history of Old Town San Diego. Each piece will feature at least one primary source document in its entirety and use it as a launching point to discuss life in Old Town.

From 2006 through 2009, I was employed as a Historic Interpreter in Old Town San Diego State Historic Park; first for a private business, then for California Department of Parks and Recreation. During those few years, I gained a profound appreciation for the history of Old Town. What this series will explore is only a small part of my fascination with aspects of Old Town history.

I hope you profit from the reading as much as I profited from the researching and the writing.

sincerely,

Sean K.T. Shiraishi, M.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment