Monday, November 25, 2013

Even the death of imaginary things has power.


I must apologize for the delay in this post. The inclusion of the audio file was harder and more time consuming that I thought.

While I am no Luddite, I am not the most technically savvy person.

Anyway, I hope this works...Here goes.

***

I found the above (post title) statement [From Challenge magazine #64, September 1992, page 4] to be so moving, so profound that it became a central theme in my Masters in History thesis.

In addition, this quote is central to the subject of this blog entry.

From the same issue of Challenge magazine, I would like to present "When Empires Fall - A New Era" as a short podcast read by me. Please click on the link below and listen and/or download the file "when-empires-fall-ver-1-0.mp3". If necessary, please copy and paste the link into your web browser. Audio or Download should then start.

 


Sometimes fire is more than dragonsbreath.
Though it can maim and destroy, flame can also nourish and protect.
Fire illumines the night and dawn rises from the ashes.

 
I hope you enjoy it!

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment