Monday, August 11, 2014

Old age is a b*tch…

I have been suffering from back pain and radiant pain down my right leg for a few years now.

Well, I finally gave in to Donna's arguments and made an appointment to see my physician, Doctor K. Dr. K is a wonderful and kind man with a gentle manner. I went to see him on June 3rd.

After just a few minutes of my describing the symptoms, he gave me a preliminary diagnosis of spinal arthritis in my lower back.

I was dumbfounded to say the least. I never even considered arthritis! Pulled muscle, slipped disc, sciatica, and all kinds of other health issues, but never arthritis! Dr. K informed me that the only way to be sure was to have my back x-rayed. I wanted the confirmation, so he wrote out an order for a set of x-rays at a nearby facility. I asked him, what now? He stated that back surgery was the only treatment. To which I replied, "No." Dr. K said, then it is just a question of pain management.

I left my doctor's office and went to the x-ray facility. It was weird, but over pretty quick. The results were emailed to my doctor and he called me with the results - I have arthritis of the lower spine. I believe that he also stated that it is in a relatively early stage...What?! I am in a great deal of regular, daily pain...and this is an early stage?!!

I know that I will have to go back to my doctor and discuss this in greater detail soon and I will post here as new information presents itself.

Finally, I cannot express enough my gratitude and appreciation that my Donna was with me the entire time and was supportive and caring despite her own health concerns. Most certainly, I know that I can be a great pain in the ass.

Donna is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me.

Not the "only thing."

But without doubt, "the BEST thing."

Y.O.B.,

sean

No comments:

Post a Comment